[squid-users] Introducing delay to HTTP 407 responses

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Oct 4 14:38:15 UTC 2016

On 10/04/2016 05:18 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 4/10/2016 11:53 p.m., squid-users at filter.luko.org wrote:
>> Would the developers be open to adding a configuration-based throttle to authentication responses

> This helper is the mechanism that we accepted. Anything else would be
> far less useful.

For the record, I agree that the external ACL is the right solution for
now. However, supporting a general built-in "delay" ACL would be a
useful feature worth accepting IMO.

I know this does not help with the problem at hand. I just wanted to
make a note that there is certainly room for an improvement here if
somebody wants to work on it; the "anything else" phrase was too harsh.