[squid-users] Squid - AD kerberos auth and Linux Server proxy access not working

Nilesh Gavali nilesh.gavali at tcs.com
Tue Oct 4 13:49:51 UTC 2016

Hi Amos;
Ok, we can discussed the issue in Two part  1. For Windows AD
Authentication & SSO and 2. Linux server unable to access via squid proxy.

For First point-
Requirement to have SSO for accessing internet via squid proxy and based
on user's AD group membership allow access to specific sites only. I
believe current configuration of squid is working as expected.

For Second point -
Point I would like to highlight here is, the Linux server IWCCP01 is not
part of domain at all. Hence the below error as squid configured for
AD_auth. So how can we allow Linux server or non domain machine to access
specific sites?

====================================
 > Can you confirm that the hostname vseries-test.bottomline.com is
contained in
> your site file /etc/squid/sitelist/dbs_allowed_site ?

YES, we have entry as .bottomline.com , which work fine when access via
windows machine having proxy enabled for that user.
==============================
> Can you temporarily change the line "http_access allow IWCCP01
allowedsite" to
> "http_access allow IWCCP01" and see whether the machine then gets
access?

 I will test this, and update the results.
If that works, please list the output of the command:
  grep "bottomline.com" /etc/squid/sitelist/dbs_allowed_site

o/p of above command as below -

[root at Proxy02 ~]# grep "bottomline.com"
/etc/squid/sitelist/dbs_allowed_site
.bottomline.com
[root at Proxy02 ~]#

Thanks & Regards