[squid-users] problem in configuring squid

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Oct 4 13:14:47 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 04 October 2016 at 14:51:13, Mehdi Yeganeh wrote:

> Thanks for quick replay,
> I need to use my server, i configure my ip address in some software like
> antivirus and ...

... and what?

I do not understand what antivirus software has to do with our discussion.
Please give details, don't just write "...".

> So, I want all of that working

All of what?

> with my server ip address and for this reason I cannot use torproxy or
> torproject. I need a proxy server (squid) on my server

In that case install Squid on your server.  What is the problem?

> More details about 173.161.0.227:
> Its sophos web appliance that use squid on debian and using some other
> proxy software (Astaro HttpProxy) with squid and
> iptables for forwarding ports. but i can`t find the other proxy software
> for download. so, i just have squid alone (although iptables is present)

Okay, so I understand that the machine on that IP address (which appears to be
serving Pennoyer School in Illinois, with connectivity provided by Comcast) is
a "Sophos web appliance" - some sort of combined firewall / proxy / port
forwarder.

What is the relevance of that machine to your question?

> Please tell me that should i use other tools or squid can do it?

Do what?

Please explain exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, and hoping that
Squid is a solution for.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Police have found a cartoonist dead in his house.  They say that details are
currently sketchy.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.