[squid-users] Large text ACL lists

Darren darren.j.breeze.ml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:58:46 UTC 2016

Hi Nishant

Thanks for the lead, I will have a look.

Redis is also interesting in this case due to its ability to scan keys and iterate through keys with a wildcard and cursors. Redis looks like it's just what I need as I need to swap in and out sets of sites on demand.

I have also been using Perl for over 20 years so my rewriter will be a child of Larry Wall.

Darren B.

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
On 2/10/2016 2:16:51 PM, Nishant Sharma <codemarauder at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On 2 October 2016 9:54:52 AM IST, Darren wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have now opened the Pandora box of writing my own helper as per Bobs
>suggestion.

We are working on a redirector which we are currently using at around 100 geographically distributed squids. These squid are running on OpenWRT and PfSense embedded boxes like Mikrotik Routerboard, PCEngine Alix & APU.

The helper is written in Perl while server uses Postgresql, memcached and a deamon.

You may check it out at:

https://github.com/codemarauder/charcoal

http://charcoal.io

If you wish to do alpha testing, I would be more than happy to provide access to you on the hosted service.

Regards,
Nishant