[squid-users] Caching application/octet-stream

Michael Varun michael.varun at inmobi.com
Mon Oct 3 08:38:25 UTC 2016

There is a bug in the SSL-Bump implementation we have not sorted out
yet, which makes the "ssl-bump" on this port enable reverse-proxy mode
handling. That seems to be leading to Surrogate feature being enabled
and the Authorization:Bearer being removed when it should be relayed to
the server.

Can you refer to the BUD ID if there is one already opened  if not
should i submit one for reference ?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 30/09/2016 8:10 p.m., Michael Varun wrote:
> > Here is the snippet of debug logs
> > I dont get to see anything missing out there . It does a GET call to the
> > docker registry on behalf of the requesting client The registry listens
> on
> > 443 so squid mimicks  client TLS connections post which does a GET call
> > the docker registry on the requested blobs
>
> Well firstly, going by your earlier config file the client is *not*
> performing TLS connections. Your proxy is configured to receive
> plain-text HTTP at port 443.
>
> You seem to have stumbled onto two bugs in Squid which are combining to
> be problematic.
>
> There is a bug in the SSL-Bump implementation we have not sorted out
> yet, which makes the "ssl-bump" on this port enable reverse-proxy mode
> handling. That seems to be leading to Surrogate feature being enabled
> and the Authorization:Bearer being removed when it should be relayed to
> the server.
>
> The existence of Authorization header on the request combined with lack
> of Cache-Control:public on the response means these reponses are private
> cached and given to anyone else.
>
> That brings up what I think may be a second bug. Since the request to
> the server was sent without Auth header then Squid should be considering
> it a non-auth response and treating it as cacheable anyway. But probably
> is just using the client request for that decision.
>

> You could try adding the "login=PASSTHRU" option to your cache_peer
> line. If the server sends "Cache-Control:public" that should enable
> caching.
>
> Amos

receipt.