[squid-users] Large text ACL lists

Benjamin E. Nichols webmaster at squidblacklist.org
Sun Oct 2 01:08:46 UTC 2016

I wouldnt advise reconfigure for when you update your blacklists, sure
it sounds great, but in reality, as I said, in my experience, only
sometimes will it actually reload the acl from disk, sometimes it wont.
Youll do a reconfigure and discover your squid is still running the old
acls which presumably are memory resident, now this may have been a bug
thats been since fixed, but Im not messing with it.  In our testig
environment we dont have time to be dealing with squid deciding to load
an acl from disk when it feels like it should do so, we need it to load
from disk every time.

Once you do your own testing youll see what im talking about, go ahead
and add some urls to your acl and -k reconfigure, do this a few times,
and I am certain youll eventually find out what Im telling you is true.