[squid-users] Hint for howto wanted ...

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Nov 28 21:45:45 UTC 2016

OK.
So much clear now to a solution.
If you don’t know what Policy Based Routing and you have a bunch of VM's and you are configuring the proxy in the browser manually you just need to install on the first proxy 3.5.22 that allows you to tunnel CONNECT requests to a parent proxy based on the request domain.
I am pretty sure that as Amos wrote you need to simplify things.
I will ask again:
What do you want to achieve? Content filtering? Special Routing(access the internet from another county)? Intercept the connections or use the browser settings to access the web?

Every question have a whole set of option and it's very simple to route CONNECT requests to a parent proxy if the client configures the proxy in it's settings.
Indeed you won't need 3.5.22 to do that but you will need something that can do that.

Now my conclusion is this:
Your need is to be able to pass CONNECT requests to a parent proxy.
Amos can you answer how it should be done and if it's possible at all using 3.1.X?

(Fastest to catch up should answer since I don't remember it by heart despite to the fact that this is one of my testing labs)

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator