[squid-users] Hint for howto wanted ...

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Nov 28 10:18:53 UTC 2016

Hey Walter,

I am not sure you understand the direction of things or what I am aiming for.
First if the client has CentOS 6.8 There are RPM's for newer versions which I am building manually for the public use.
Second: You can simplify the picture from Intercepting traffic using the local squid into "route" the traffic in the IP level towards the remote proxy.
You can open a gre tunnel or to use some kind of simple VPN service to tunnel between the client box to the 3.5.20 box.
If you will route the clients traffic towards the proxy in the IP level you would be free from handling the 3.1.X proxy.

You should prioritize your goals between:
- Caching
-  ACL
- Others

Once you will open your mind from resolving and issue and convert it into a second form which is functionality I think I would be able to assist you.

What is missing from the 3.1.X proxy?
Is the SSL BUMP missing?
What iptables rules are you using on the client machine(3.1.X)?

All the above matters to understand how to offer the right solution.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator