[squid-users] remove all squid pages & errors pages footprints

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Nov 21 18:59:52 UTC 2016

On 22/11/2016 7:21 a.m., --Ahmad-- wrote:
> thanks for reply .
>
> i already have proxy with usr/pwd auth.
>
> but even it has usr/pwd auth … and some one did scan or nectat , he can know my squid version and know it as proxy without knowing the usr/pwd of my proxy .
>
> so again
>
> imaging i have proxy with ip:port and usr/pwd x:y
>
> i want iptables down .

Okay turn off the machine. Now its "safe". But useless.

> the question is
>
> how cn i prevent anyone who do scan to the port of my proxy to know it as proxy ??

You cannot. HTTP server software is required to respond. The act of
responding reveals what its abilities are.

You are asking us how to break HTTP.

> or even remove the squid header that reply ??

Those headers are what make it HTTP protocol. So what you mean is how to
stop an HTTP software from speaking HTTP.