[squid-users] Authentication pass-through cache_peer

Eduardo Carneiro eduardoocarneiro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:33:10 UTC 2016

Hi all.

Sorry if this is already answered here. But I couldn't find any clear tips
about this topic.

I'm using Squid 3.5.19 with dynamic content caching in a huge user base
(almost 10.000). Due to the large number of requisitions, internet access is
getting very slow.

So I decided to use cache_peer to balance the traffic between servers. Would
be a basic environment. One child (that receive the requisitions of the
users) and three parent servers in a cluster. The problem is the
authentication.

Today I use NTLM to authenticate my accesses (in a AD Win2008). I have read
here, that Squid doesn't support ntlm pass-through between child -> parent
servers.

The question I have is: There is any way to send user authentication
credentials of the child server to parent servers transparently? Without
need to enter username and password in the browser authentication box?

Thanks in advance.