[squid-users] Ubiquiti: Anyone interested in instructions how to route traffic to a squid box?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Nov 21 10:26:21 UTC 2016

I have the main idea on to implement it but just need my testing lab up and running.
The first place to start would be:
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204952274-EdgeMAX-Policy-based-routing-source-address-based-

Which for me that have some experience with vyatta and vyos makes sense.
We need two things:
- exception rules space(override or even just for the proxy)
- rules for out-bound\outgoing traffic redirection
- rules for in-bound\incomming traffic redirection

1. We need all traffic from lan with destination ports 80 to be routed towards the proxy.
2. We need all traffic from wan with source ports 80 to be routed towards the proxy.

The same thing can be done for other ports such as 53 or 443.
For each scenario you might need to add exceptions like for local traffic which should not be routed towards the proxy.

I will try to sit on it tomorrow on my free time.

Couple more examples on PBR:
https://latencyzero.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/ubiquiti-edge-router-poe-policy-based-routing-source-rule/
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX/Edgerouter-Lite-Policy-based-routing/td-p/1452095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cKWISB_pMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hvmzEv8iNQ
https://www.dennogumi.org/2015/01/policy-based-routing-for-single-ips-using-edgeos/
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX/Redirect-all-traffic-from-a-signle-IP-to-a-VPN-interface/m-p/1140025

And just as a reference couple VYOS PBR links:
http://www.five-ten-sg.com/mapper/policy-based-routing
https://yosida95.com/2015/05/17/203841.html

Eliezer

----