[squid-users] caching videos over https?

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 12:03:33 UTC 2016

Store-ID is not quite cached. This deduplication and this is just what
you need for dynamic content, which is the majority of the video. Do not
forget about the volume of the video itself.

As for the cache, you should look at what video has captions under
HTTPS. Modern vanilla SQUID can not in most cases its cache that
Store-ID with that without it. Because of video HTTP headers and pragmas.

In any case, the complete solution is too complex for the majority of
ordinary users Squid and too costly in terms of effort to give it. These
solutions can either buy or write yourself, agree? I see no reason to
give free solutions, which spent a lot of time - it is not free.