[squid-users] Squid Problem

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Nov 8 12:55:41 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 08 November 2016 at 13:47:25, Jose Joaquin Ruiz Silva wrote:

> Good morning I am Cuban I have mounted squid 2.7 on debian wheezy

Why?

Debian Wheezy contains version 3.1.20 and Wheezy-backports contains the
version 3.4.8

Installing 2.7 in 2016 (that version is 8 years old and has not been updated
in 6 years - see http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/ ) is a dead end.

> and it works fine but I am looking for a page that will allow users to
> change the password

What password?

> see their quota

What quota?

> the user expire after 1 year, the password expire in 2 months

Please tell us what you are talking about - Squid has no password expiry
mechanism.

> but That an email arrives to him on the last 10 days telling him that he has
> 10 days to change the password.

1. Where does this email come from?

2. What does this password provide access to?

I strongly suspect your question is not to do with Squid (LDAP, perhaps?), but
give us some more information and we'll see if we can help.

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.