[squid-users] Squid Problem - Google

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Nov 7 09:59:09 UTC 2016

On Monday 07 November 2016 at 10:53:14, Bilal Mohamed wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting following error while accessing google. Rest all websites are
> ok. There is no ACL to block google.com

Is your machine properly configured for IPv6?

Try the following:

	ping www.google.com

	ping6 www.google.com

If you get a response to both of those then your machine looks like it is
correctly working on both IPv4 and IPv6, and we need to investigate further
what the problem with Squid is, but if you get a response from the first
command and not from the second, then IPv6 is not working correctly, and
therefore Squid cannot connect to Google's IPv6 address (as shown below).

If the latter turns out to be the problem, I hope someone else can remind us
what the configuration command is to tell Squid to use IPv4 and not IPv6.

Antony.

--
You can tell that the day just isn't going right when you find yourself using
the telephone before the toilet.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.