[squid-users] Squid Problem

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Nov 2 11:23:06 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 02 November 2016 at 12:17:30, Bilal Mohamed wrote:

> so what i need to clear now? i am restarting squid every 5-10 mins

You have a root file system which is too small for the data you are trying to
store on it.

That is not a Squid-specific problem.

My recommendations, in order of preference, are:

1. Consult someone who knows about Linux system administration.

2. Define your Squid cache in squid.conf to be smaller

3. Make your root file system larger by expanding the Logical Volume (see point
1 above)

4. Delete data you do not need to free up enough space for your cache (see
also point 1 above)

Antony.

--
Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.

 - William Gibson, Neuromancer (1984)

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.