[squid-users] DNS lookup fails initially for FQDN in squid

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri May 27 14:45:51 UTC 2016

On Friday 27 May 2016 at 16:12:47, Aashima Madaan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my squid configuration file, I am adding a Fully Qualified Domain Name
> instead of an IP address for my ICAP server but it is not able to resolve
> that name initially

Please define "initially" - do you mean:

 - when the squid server is booted up
 - when the squid service is started on an already-running server
 - something else?

> My concern is why there is so much delay in resolving fqdn of an ip.

What is your DNS setup?  Where is the Squid server pointing for its DNS
resolver?  Is that DNS server running and answering queries before the Squid
server/service starts up?

Antony.

--
How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters involving
quantum mechanics.

 - mnemonic for 3.14159265358979

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.