[squid-users] Internet Browsing very slow after implementing Squid peek & splice + Access log not tracing full URL

Garri Djavadyan garryd at comnet.uz
Wed May 18 14:21:10 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-05-19 at 00:39 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Using ignore-private and ignore-must-revalidate on the same
> refresh_pattern is *extremely* dangerous. Just asking to get your
> cache pwned.

I'm also using the both options on the same refresh_pattern for several
years. Can you explain the consequences? I couldn't find enough
information in Squid's reference and RFC2616. Thanks in advance!

> Also ignore-auth makes things *not* be cacheable in all the auth
> related cases when it would normally be stored by Squid.

I always thought that the purpose of the option is exact opposite.
Squid's reference any trivial test confirmed my thoughts. Sorry, but
maybe I understood the quote incorrectly?

Garri