[squid-users] ACL is used in context without an HTTP response. Assuming mismatch

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri May 13 11:27:28 UTC 2016

On 13/05/2016 7:06 p.m., David Touzeau wrote:
> Thanks Alex
>
> Any ACLs  tips to avoid these warning ? or just assume it's normal in this situation... ?

Yes and no. It was added to be a type of canary to unexpected behaviours
in the config. So in that regard it has done its job well by making you
look and ask about why its happening.

What Alex describes there as potential causes could be a sign of clients
having bad experiences with the proxy. Or just browser "Happy Eyeballs"
doing its annoying thing. It'll have to be a judgement call for you
whether to do much more investigation or not.

The answer is also very specific to that one named ACL and how it was
used. So other similar looking warnings could have very different
impacts and severity.

The only way to completely silence the warning right now is to not use
that ACL for that access control. If its annoying we are open to adding
a throttle to it.

HTH