[squid-users] Getting the full file content on a range request, but not on EVERY get ...

Garri Djavadyan garryd at comnet.uz
Fri May 13 07:06:10 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-05-12 at 14:02 -0300, Heiler Bemerguy wrote:

> Hi Garri,
> That bug report is mine.. lol

Hi Heiler,
Yes, I know it. I just tried to answer to the following question.

> > > Is there a smart way to allow squid to download it from the
> > > beginning
> > > to the end (to actually cache it), but only on the FIRST
> > > request/get?
> > > Even if it makes the user wait for the full download, or cancel
> > > it
> > > temporarily, or.. whatever!! Anything!!

The config option 'range_offset_limit none' (or -1) forces exactly that
behavior. It fetches whole object from the beginning to the end on
first range request. The problems you have encountered are consequences
of the bug 4469 you reported. I encountered the same problems using
Rock store. UFS/AUFS stores are not affected by the bug.

So, to fix the problem more quickly, the best way is to provide to
developers more information. For example, full debug log (ALL,9) for
isolated requests.

Thanks. Garri