[squid-users] Squid Peek and splice

Reet Vyas reet.vyas28 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 05:58:34 UTC 2016

Hi Amos/Yuri,

Currently my squid is configured with ssl bump, now I want to use peek and
splice. I read in some forum that we don't need to install certificate on
client's machine.

As I have already asked before in mailing list to install SSL certificate
on Android devices, which is not working.

So my question is If I want to use peek and splice for example I want https
filtering for  proxy websites  and I dont want ssl for bank websites and
facebook youtube and gmail. how will it work? Do i need to install SSL
certifcate on client or not, I am bit confused with peek and splice thing.

Please let me know is that possible to configure squid 3.5.19 in such a way
so that it will bump  only proxy websites not FB youtube etc.