[squid-users] Getting the full file content on a range request, but not on EVERY get ...

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu May 12 20:36:53 UTC 2016

On 13/05/2016 7:17 a.m., Heiler Bemerguy wrote:

> I also don't care too much about duplicated cached files.. but trying to
> cache "ranged" requests is topping my link and in the end it seems it's
> not caching anything lol
>
> EVEN if I only allow range_offset to some urls or file extensions....

Have you given collapsed_forwarding a try? Its supposed to prevent all
the duplicate requests making all those extra upstream connections unti
at least the first one has finished getting the object. Combined with
the range_offset_limit and qick_abort_max to make that first request be
a full-fetch it might be able to solve your issue.