[squid-users] Getting the full file content on a range request, but not on EVERY get ...

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu May 12 19:56:08 UTC 2016

On Freitag, 13. Mai 2016 01:09:39 Yuri Voinov wrote:
> I suggest it is very bad idea to transform caching proxy to linux
> distro's or something else archive.

Yuri, if I wanted an archive, I would mirror all stuff and use local repos.
I went that route for a long time - it's a lot of work to keep up everywhere,
and generates an awful amount of traffic (and I did it the sanest way possible
- with a custom script, that was using rsync..)

> As Amos said, "Squid is a cache, not an archive".

Yes, updating 20 similar machines makes a significant difference with the
squid as a deduplicated cache - with no recurring work at all.

Pete