[squid-users] Windows Squid with AD authentication

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu May 12 16:34:08 UTC 2016

On Thursday 12 May 2016 at 18:46:36, Nilesh Gavali wrote:

> Team;
> we have squid running on Windows and need to integrate it with Windows AD
> .can anyone help me with steps to be perform to get this done.

This specific question has appeared a few times on this list only recently.

Have you so far:

 - searched the list archives for likely answers to your question?

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/

 - consulted the Squid documentation for guidance?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/

 - looked for any independent HOWTOs etc which show how people have done this
in the past?

http://www.google.com/search?q=squid+active+directory+authentication

Here's some friendly advice:

1. The more information you give us (such as: which version of Squid are you
using, which version of Windows are you running under, which form of
authentication are you using?), the easier it is for people here to help.

2. If you have tried something already and run into problems, tell us what you
have tried and what problems (log file extracts, complete client error message,
etc) you encountered, so we can offer specific suggestions.

3. If you haven't yet tried to implement anything, at least let us know what
documentation you have looked up and what problems you encountered when
following it, so we can try to fill in the gaps.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Most people have more than the average number of legs.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.