[squid-users] Mark outgoing connection mark same as client side mark

Deniz Eren denizlist at denizeren.net
Wed May 11 08:19:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

In my system I am using netfilter marks to shape traffic(SNAT, QoS,
etc.) however when I redirect traffic to Squid using Tproxy I lose the
mark value(obviously). I saw configuration directive qos_flow but it's
only applicable for incoming connections( some website -> squid ->
client PC), what I need is the opposite one I want to pass mark of
outgoing connections( client PC -> squid -> some website ). I want to
mark packet in mangle PREROUTING and then redirect packet to TPROXY
and after packets coming out of squid I want to use the same mark in
mangle OUTPUT or POSTROUTING chains. Is there a way to do that?

Discussed in this thread, but no solution is given:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201403/0132.html

Regards,