[squid-users] Can Traffic Management Settings be configured for other TCP protocols?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue May 10 05:06:05 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-10 06:05, J Green wrote:
> Appreciate the response.  Thought it might work if I added those ports
> to the safe list.

The Safe_ports list is the ports it is considered safe to send traffic
to from an HTTP proxy. The ports not on that list are for protocols that
can have crafted messages that look like HTTP to the proxy and non-HTTP
to the server. Enabling server attacks through HTTP relays. Email SMTP
ports are particularly vulnerable to spam being delivered in this way.

> If not Squid, any idea how to accomplish this?

With your systems regular QoS settings.