[squid-users] ldap authentication with encrypted credentials

Sampei sampei02 at tiscali.it
Fri May 6 12:31:42 UTC 2016

  I'm thinking to implement Basic authentication for all clients
because it's easier with my outdated systems.
In squid.conf can I use
one of these three access methods for http_access for each_client?

1-
only based on AD user authentication
2- only based on IP address
3- both
based both on AD user authentication and on IP address (both 1 and 2
options)

Il 04.05.2016 14:23 Amos Jeffries ha scritto:

> [...]
into Negotiate/Kerberos authentication. You will need that for the Win7
and Win10 clients anyway
>> For Windows 7/10 clients, the Basic
authentication (Squid 2.7) with LDAP helper will not able to work ?
While Kerberos will work both with older clients and newer ones?

Yes they all still support Basic, but you said that was not desirable.

Con Tutto Incluso Light navighi fino a 20 Mega senza limiti e chiami a 0 cent/minuto verso tutti i fissi e i mobili in Italia a 19,95 euro/mese per sempre. In piu' ora l'attivazione e' Gratis! http://casa.tiscali.it/