[squid-users] ldap authentication with encrypted credentials

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed May 4 12:46:01 UTC 2016

In addition, due to last samba and windows security fixes there was a behavior change.

So beware with squid and samba/winbind/ldap/windows auth.
Read : https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.4.2.html
This was a big impact..

BUt beware, use samba 4.2.12 4.3.9 or 4.4.3
All version bug release (4.4.2 4.3.8 4.2.11 ) had some nasty bugs.

I had to reconfigure my squid auth.
I've tested with latest squid 3.5.17 on my debian jessie, all fine again.

And to Sampei, add a samba 4 AD ( preffered 4.4.3 ) to you domain,
Move FSMO roles to samba, and drop your unsupported windows AD.
I dropped all my windows servers, only samba now.

Greetz,

Louis