[squid-users] ldap authentication with encrypted credentials

Sampei sampei02 at tiscali.it
Wed May 4 11:56:15 UTC 2016

I'll explain better:
Squid is running on Debian 5 older server and every Windows (XP/7/10)
client uses it to surf on web.
Clients are configured in outofdate Microsoft domain where Domain
Controllers are based on Windows 2000 server.
So far I permit Internet access to clients by specify IP address of
computers in squid.conf file but now I'd like to manage internet access
by asking to user its AD credentials.
Now I'm not able to update systems so I have to schedule it upgrade for
next year.

>>>Look into Negotiate/Kerberos authentication. You will need that for
>>> the Win7 and Win10 clients anyway
For Windows 7/10 clients, the Basic authentication (Squid 2.7) with
LDAP helper will not able to work ?
While Kerberos will work both with older clients and newer ones?

Links:
------
[1] http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Windows#Squid-3.5
[2] mailto:squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org