[squid-users] what it means by publishing ?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon May 2 15:00:48 UTC 2016

On Monday 02 May 2016 at 16:51:51, asad wrote:

> I want to know accurate understanding of term "publishing" means ,
> Microsoft TMG confuses me. I need this info to reply a proposal for a bank
> which is requesting publishing support.
>
> stating "to make avaiable a web request over net through a inspection
> component I.e tmg or squid".
>
> How is this different from opening a open on firewall and letting request
> come in?

You might be better off asking the person who is stating that as a requirement
- find out exactly what *they* mean by it, and what they want you to do.

Antony.

--
"A person lives in the UK, but commutes to France daily for work.
He belongs in the UK."

 - From UK Revenue & Customs notice 741, page 13, paragraph 3.5.1
 - http://tinyurl.com/o7gnm4

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.