[squid-users] runing squid on second processor

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun May 1 07:42:26 UTC 2016

On 30.04.16 07:05, joe wrote:
>i have it running  tks
>cause every time i run Calamaris Log first cpu get hi 100% and squid work
>slow until the calamaris finish
>so i moved squid to use second processor now its OK not affected by that or
>anything else
>running nice now

the OS should distribute all processes across processors, unless you force
it handle processes differently.

With 8 cores calamaris should not slow down squid much, unless it uses many
threads (or processes) in parallel.

Lowering calamaris' priority or reducing the number of thrads/processes
should have the same result.

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)