[squid-users] Squid Log

Marc Mapplebeck marc.mapplebeck at townsuite.com
Mon Mar 28 13:53:49 UTC 2016

I am currently using squid for our proxy, and recently decided to use
WPAD/PAC to also capture HTTPS traffic.  I am having one very annoying
issue with lightsquid, and wondering if anybody has any insight.

All my lightsquid information looks like the attached image.  It also does
not consolidate the first part of the domain name(even this would be fine,
so that I can differentiate HTTPS traffic, as long as subdomains are
combined)

I have been modifying my lightparser.pl file to consolidate subdomains,
however, this is only working for HTTP traffic, as all HTTPS sites are
showing the port number like mail.google.ca:443
The code I am using is:
$url =~ s/([a-z]+:\/\/)??.*\.(google\.*)/$2/o;

Has anybody found a way around this or even thought about this?  I was
thinking of telling squid to not include the port, however, it seems to not
be working.  Any other suggestions/thoughts?

- Marc

Marc A. Mapplebeck, MCP/MCDST/MCTS/MCSE/MCDBA/MOS/A+/N+/CNA/CCNA/VCP6-DCV
ProCom Data
T: 800-408-3313 x242
F: 709-256-3031
E: marc.mapplebeck at townsuite.com