[squid-users] Logging of https

Markey, Bruce bmarkey at steinmancommunications.com
Thu Mar 24 19:41:33 UTC 2016

I'm hoping this is a simple question, I've gotten/seen differing answers and I'd just like a final answer.

With squid setup as a transparent proxy via wccp will there be any log entries for https sites, even just the ip?  Just the initial get request is what I'd expect.

( I have no interest in breaking https, I'd simply like to get any data I can without having to go down that road)

If yes then what needs to be done to make that happen. Currently everything is working on the http side perfectly.  Oh the https side as soon as I enable wccp redirection of 443 to squid it breaks https.   ( I'll add here that I've read all the peek and splice info and I don't really understand it.)

Thanks

Bruce Markey | Network Security Analyst
STEINMAN COMMUNICATIONS
717.291.8758 (o) | bmarkey at steinmancommunications.com
8 West King St | PO Box 1328, Lancaster, PA 17608-1328