[squid-users] Negotiate wrappter returns AF = on Debian Jessie

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Mar 24 09:08:21 UTC 2016

Hello Amos,

I was missing in my setup also, now i know the problem where that was comming from. Can you help me a bit with explaining the diffence in these base on below example. Because if i post somewhere, i want to be sure the setup is correct. And it was not, :-(, im thinking, what i missed here in my understanding.

--helper-protocol=gss-spnego
--helper-protocol=gss-spnego-client
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp

I was in belief the following.

With use of auth_param negotiate and i wanted to have full kerberos auth.
--helper-protocol=gss-spnego is needed, but i dont know it this is correct.
And i had also * as username.
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp works fine also and i now see the username.

And more one question.

The log now show for :
Kerberos authenticated users : username at REALM
NTLM authenticated users	: username

Is there a way to log users with only username, for both authentications?

Greetz,

Louis