[squid-users] caching js/css references with parameters, possible squid bug

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Mar 23 16:43:23 UTC 2016

On 24/03/2016 4:33 a.m., Waitman Gobble wrote:

> I made a little test program and now I see what's going on, maybe this
> isn't actually a squid problem.. It's returning
> 'HTTP/1.1 200 Connection established'
> through proxy SSL , then a space, then the actual headers. The other day
> I did not realize that first header line in my program :)

That is the response Squid generates to a CONNECT request. What you get
your packet trace, see if the test app is sending CONNECT to Squid.

Curl should be sending a CONNECT request to setup the tunnel - to which
Squid responds "HTTP/1.1 200 Connection established\r\n\r\n" when teh
tunnel is ready. Then TLS happens to encrypt the tunnel. Then curl sends
the 'real' request inside the encryption - to which what you call the
'real' headers are returned.