[squid-users] ext_ldap_group_acl is returned ERR when LDAP bind was fail.

asakura at ioc.dnp.co.jp asakura at ioc.dnp.co.jp
Wed Mar 23 06:08:50 UTC 2016

Hello,

Thank you always for your kind support.

I would like to ask you about SEND_ERR reply of ext_ldap_group_acl.
In our environment, squid fail ldap_bind to LDAP server sometimes.
Then, ext_ldap_group_acl replies "ERR". So, username is registered
in the negative_cache.

I don't want to register in the negative_cache when external_acl
failed ldap_bind.
I guess that to solve if ext_ldap_group_acl reply SEND_BH instead of
SEND_ERR.

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this.

Regards,
Kazuhiro