[squid-users] Squid with 802.11x accounting

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Mar 22 13:20:25 UTC 2016

On 23/03/2016 1:51 a.m., Hugh Richards wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I want to implement a proxy that requires authentication but it seems silly
> for byod users to sign in and then sign in again to use the net. My WAP
> controller (Aruba) supports an accounting server in addition to a radius
> server so I am wondering if there is a way to combine these systems for
> single sign on.

Don't know about Aruba, but other WAP systems are supposedly able to
push proxy settings to the device. That might include credentials to use
with the proxy if you can find where its setup.

It is up to the device itself whether it sends Squid credentials
available to it without bothering the user. Squid sending a 407 is
merely informing the device that credentials are needed for the request
to go through (and what schemes can be used).