[squid-users] intercepting tcp/443 purely for logging purposes

Jason Haar jason_haar at trimble.com
Mon Mar 21 19:01:00 UTC 2016

It's really not much more than what I first posted (I can't send my config
- it's pretty specific to our site - you'll have to figure out the standard
stuff yourself)

So this will make a squid-3.5 server capable of doing "transparent HTTPS"
without any fiddling with the transactions. Of course it assumes you
already know how to redirect port 443 traffic onto your proxy, and know how
to reconfigure the OS to support that too (ie same as transparent HTTP on
port 80)

acl BlacklistedHTTPSsites dstdomain
"/etc/squid/acl-BlacklistedHTTPSsites.txt"
http_access deny BlacklistedHTTPSsites
https_port 3127 intercept ssl-bump cert=/etc/squid/squid-CA.cert
 cafile=/etc/squid/ca-bundle.crt generate-host-certificates=on
dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=256MB options=ALL
sslcrtd_program /usr/lib64/squid/ssl_crtd -s /var/lib/squid/ssl_db -M 256MB
sslcrtd_children 32 startup=15 idle=5
acl SSL_https port 443
ssl_bump splice SSL_https

Cheers