[squid-users] Does reload_into_ims not effective for HTTPS?

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 10:49:23 UTC 2016

Hi gents,

I see strange behaviour for many URL's.

Im my setups reload_into_ims is on globally.

This time I see:

- when I pressed Ctrl+F5 in browsers, for HTTP URLs

TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/200 6447 GET
http://icdn.lenta.ru/images/2016/03/17/09/20160317091221731/tabloid_8a08b3a372ff4499c0d95723ad4dc382.jpg
- ORIGINAL_DST/81.19.76.10 image/jpeg

occurs.

- when I goes under HTTPS for the same URLs, i see TCP_MISS:

TCP_MISS/200 6447 GET
https://icdn.lenta.ru/images/2016/03/17/09/20160317091221731/tabloid_8a08b3a372ff4499c0d95723ad4dc382.jpg
- ORIGINAL_DST/81.19.76.10 image/jpeg

When I've test HTTPS URL with redbot, I've seen no problem with caching
content:

http://i.imgur.com/9dm7VWV.png

As you can see, this site is news, with no private headers and no
authentication.

What's up? Is it bug or documented behaviour? I see absolutely no
problem with caching either http or https versions of URL.

Squid is 4, latest snapshot.

WBR, Yuri