[squid-users] Squid with ICAP filter?

Mike Summers msummers57 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:25:43 UTC 2016

We have a situation where we need to filter compressed HTTP traffic through
an ICAP service, logging failures (4xx) or passing the original compressed
payload to it's target destination on 2xx.

Something like this:

   - Incoming compressed HTTP
   - Decompress and forward to ICAP service
   - Log and discard if ICAP service returns 4xx
   - Send original, compressed payload to destination if ICAP returns 2xx

Is that an appropriate use for Squid? If so what sort of configuration
commands would we use? We're not certain where to begin.

Thanks in advance.