[squid-users] Need advice on some crazy access control requirements

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Fri Mar 11 03:31:34 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

New Internet access rules are being introduced in our company, among
them there is a requirement to have special groups of Internet users
who are permitted to:

1. Download files from the Internet.

2. Use Web forums.

3. Use streaming audio/video.

By default users should have no access to the above facilities.

These requirements may sound stupid and vague to some, but is there a
way to accomodate them at least partially, without keeping long lists
of prohibited file extensions and domains, which is very
counterproductive?

I am perfectly aware that an advanced Internet user will be able to
circumvent those prohibitions, but still, any recipes? I have looked
in http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl but found nothing
very useful.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN