[squid-users] Bizarrely slow, timing out DNS only via Squid :D

Dan Charlesworth dan at getbusi.com
Tue Mar 8 03:41:12 UTC 2016

For anyone still following along, I’ve since discovered the resolv.conf option “single-request-reopen” which seems to fix the slowness in every situation except my squidclient tests e.g. curl and dig +trace.

Currently waiting to get access to an actual proxy client to see if it’s any better from a real browser.

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man5/resolver.5.html