[squid-users] Sudden but sustained high bandwidth usage

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Mar 8 02:00:18 UTC 2016

On 8/03/2016 10:00 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> I do not know exactly what this means from the info page:
>         Maximum number of file descriptors:   81920

80K FD are available to Squid.

The rest gets strange..

>         Largest file desc currently in use:   6157
>         Number of file desc currently in use: 8216

FD numbers 0-6157 are being used for 8216 concurrent connections.

Sounds impossible? not with SMP workers. The 6K is really 0-6157
per-worker. So 6-12K FDs in use, and ~8K fits right in there.

Its a minor bug in the report display that they are not having more
columns with separate numbers for each worker.