[squid-users] Question about shared memory in Squid 3.5

Silamael Silamael at coronamundi.de
Mon Mar 7 16:15:18 UTC 2016

On 03/07/2016 02:59 PM, Yuri Voinov wrote:

> Is there is any problems with this files?

If not, would I ask these questions? ;)
Yes, there are problems, first, for our testing environment. If user A
runs a Squid test, it creates these files. Now, no one else than user A
can run tests since the files are owned by user A.

> 2. As we're running multiple complete different configuration on the
> same machine on different ports, the shared memory files collide and
> Squid does not start up properly
>
> For what?

Because we're doing this for years. We use several complete independent
instances on different ports on the same machine...
Now, every instance suddenly wants to create the same files at the same
location...

At the moment, I patched the configure.ac file to prevent the setting of
HAVE_SHM. Seems to run fine as far as I have tested.

-- Matthias