[squid-users] Question about shared memory in Squid 3.5

Silamael Silamael at coronamundi.de
Mon Mar 7 11:49:34 UTC 2016

Hi there,

We're updating to Squid 3.5 under OpenBSD and have some issues with the
apparently new shared memory behavior:
1. Squid always creates three shared memory files and does not remove
these on shutdown
2. As we're running multiple complete different configuration on the
same machine on different ports, the shared memory files collide and
Squid does not start up properly

As we don't need shared memory, is there a simple way to disable these?
As far as I understand the code, these shared memory files are only
needed for the SMP feature, aren't they?
Squid 3.4 did not create these files too.

Thanks for any hints!

Greetings,
Matthias