[squid-users] SSL Bump Issue

Ali Jawad alijawad1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 01:50:26 UTC 2016

Hi
Pardon me if I am mistaken but isnt it the case that 1 :

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp  --dport 443 --destination
162.220.xx.xx -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3129
The rule above would only match for the IP of squid and squid should be
heading to the actual IP of the site in question which is not on the same
server

and 2 :

If Squid is intercepting the PREROUTING chain would not apply anymore, as
traffic passing through local daemons goes through OUTPUT and POSTROUTING
chains

As for

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s $SQUIDIP -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

All traffic set to ACCEPT ..thanks !

Regards