[squid-users] Kerberos (Negotiate) problem with win2008 AD users

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Sat Mar 5 18:01:03 UTC 2016

Markus Moeller wrote:

> If I look at the wireshark capture details I see that the client  is sending
> a key of version 3( kvno) , but the keytab is version 1. This will create a
> mismatch.  What do you get when using the 2003 clients ?

Markus, you are great! That was indeed the cause of the problem. Thank
you ever so much.

I have created an identical key with kvno=3 in the squid keytab, and
now it's working. To hell with the Windows admin and his bogus kvno.

I wish the diagnostic message was more informative, but this is not
Squid's problem, but that of the Kerberos library.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru