[squid-users] Squid 3.5.x install problem

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 3 12:05:42 UTC 2016

On 3/03/2016 10:45 p.m., secoonder wrote:
> Hello
> i used debian(ubuntu 14.04)
> I read  a lot of articles on the Internet for squid 443 enable redirection.
> As i learned,if port 443 is active from squid,The installed needs by the
> compiled squid.is it true ?

Yes, The Debian and Ubuntu binary packages do not come with OpenSSL support.

> am i installed apt-get install squid for 443 redirect?(80.ports redirect
> wasno problem,it works.the problem is 443 port)
>
> i installed squid 3.5.8 package from squid-cache.And then i went to
> squid.3.5.8 folder.
> and then ,
> ./configure --with-openssl --enable-ssl-crtd
> make
> make install
> When it was finished, i wanted to go /etc/squid folder.
>
> But the /etc/squid or /etc/squid3 folder does not exit.
> What can i do?
> am i find step by step squid 3.5.x SSL (80 and 443 port) installation?
> Thank you very Much

Are you aware of how to use alternative repositories with apt-get ?

There is now a 3.5 package in the Ubuntu xenial repository. You will
need to add that repository to your sources.list for deb and deb-src.

If you want/need eCAP you will need to build a new libecap3 and
libecap3-dev package for your old Ubuntu system and install those before
starting to build Squid:
  apt-get -t trusty build-dep libecap
  apt-get -t xenial -b source libecap3
  apt-get -t xenial -b source libecap3-ev

Otherwise you will need to remove the --enable-ecap line when eiting the
squid package debian/rules file.

To build squid:
 apt-get -t trusty install libssl-dev
 apt-get -t trusty build-dep squid
 apt-get -t xenial -b source squid

the first time you run the build of 'squid' package should fail.

Go into the folder it creates and then the debian/ sub-folder and edit
the file called 'rules'.

What you are doing is adding --with-openssl to the list of Squid
features to build. And maybe removing the --enable-ecap if you dont want
do the above ecap steps.

Then go back out to th directory you started in and run this command again:
  apt-get -t xenial -b source squid

this should succeed, and the resulting package will have OpenSSL support.