[squid-users] Squidcllient making request

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 3 11:43:22 UTC 2016

On 3/03/2016 8:28 p.m., John Pearson wrote:
> Thanks Amos! It works.
>
> New problem:
> I am checking whether a url (object) is cached or not by using:
>
> squidclient -p 3129 $url | fgrep X-Cache
>
> I am getting a lot of messy code and when I quit (CRTL-C), squid logs are
> showing TCP_HIT_ABORTED.
>
> How can I not get the messy code and just get the result of fgrep.

I assume by "messy code" you mean the objects themselves whih that
command is fetchign in ful.

Its a bit more efficient to use:
  -m HEAD -H 'Cache-Control:only-if-cached\n'

You should then be able to use the status code to determine non-cached
objects. I forget which one Squid produces (500 or 403), but easy enough
for you to identify.

I'm not sure what exactly is leading to the ABORTED yet. Its not a major
issue, just a logging detail.