[squid-users] squid with sslbump blocking Netflix

bma bmahak2005 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:29:15 UTC 2016

I have installed squid 3.15 on ubuntu 15.10 server. squid was setup with
sslbump for https traffic. The functionality work without any problem i.e. :
all traffic from both http and https goes through squid and all internet can
be accessed on all devices where certificates are installed. With one
exception : 'Netflix APP' no longer works on IOS devices (iPhone, iPad). no
matter what I do. All other internet services (safari, and other apps) work
properly on those devices. And I was able to run Netflix from browser on
linux boxes and even OS X safari. The only thing that is not working is
Netflix APP on IOS.

Of course if I disable sslbump and only allow http to go through squid
netflix works. I tried both transparent mode and proxy mode on the iPhone,
still not working.

Did anyone manage to make Netflix APP on IOS devices work with squid with
sslbump enabled ?