[squid-users] Skype Issues

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jun 30 12:10:17 UTC 2016

On 30/06/2016 5:19 a.m., Yuri Voinov wrote:

> No, the problem in another place.
>
> This option about ICQ, not about Skype.
>
> 29.06.2016 22:58, Renato Jop пишет:
>> I've installed squid4 and the problems still persists. I've added the following acl:
>> # define what Squid errors indicate receiving non-HTTP traffic:
>> acl foreignProtocol squid_error ERR_PROTOCOL_UNKNOWN ERR_TOO_BIG
>> # define what Squid errors indicate receiving nothing:
>> acl serverTalksFirstProtocol squid_error ERR_REQUEST_START_TIMEOUT
>> # tunnel everything that does not look like HTTP:
>> on_unsupported_protocol tunnel foreignProtocol
>> # tunnel if we think the client waits for the server to talk first:
>> on_unsupported_protocol tunnel serverTalksFirstProtocol
>> # in all other error cases, just send an HTTP "error page" response:
>> on_unsupported_protocol respond all

What are you on today Yuri?
 The on_unsupported_protocol directive is about what its name says *any*
unsupported protocol. Not ICQ specific.

I think the issue here is that Skype looks at the binary level like TLS.
TLS being a supported protocol if it looks close enough then it would be
seen as invalid/broken TLS, not some non-TLS.

Sory Renato, with that not working I'm not sure where to go next.